Total Portfolio Return: SG +122.19% US +107.49%  Find out more >>


4 Financial Highlights for DIYQuant in 2020

Year 2020 is an unprecedented year. It was the year where the word pandemic (or its variants) became the most mentioned word in the world. I guess no one would have expected that things could change so rapidly - suddenly we have to wear mask the moment we stepped out of the house, we can't go overseas for vacation or business, we have to check temperature whenever entering malls or office buildings, we can't gather in more than 5 persons etc. Despite that, I still have 4 things that I find worth rejoicing this year. 


DIYQuant SG portfolio beat STI by 30% YTD

This year my SG portfolio managed to beat STI (incl dividend) by a wide margin of more than 30%. The huge margin is because my quant trading model managed to sense the incoming crash in March and went 100% cash before the collapse. Then it was followed by the parabolic rise in healthcare stocks which the system managed to catch a few (see next section). If there is no surprise in the next few days, this gain will be cast in stone as the total return for year 2020.


Follow us in our quest for abnormal return. Join us today >>>


DIYQuant has 2 multi-baggers this year

Multibaggers are not easy to come by. In 2017, there were AEM Holdings that bagged me a +247% return and KEMET corp which returned +370%. This year, due to the rise in healthcare stocks, my system managed to catch Medtecs that bagged a +130% return For US portfolio, I had LightInTheBox which gained 135%


DIYQuant cleared its mortgage loan and go debt free

One of the best things that happened this year is that I finally paid off my mortgage fully with cash. I can finally declare myself as debt free. Some may not agree with me that I should pay off my mortgage fully but instead should keep the cash as liquid or invest for higher return. To me, being debt-free removes the financial burden and stress of having to service a loan. l can now fully focus on building my investment portfolios.


DIYQuant finally got its Nintendo Switch

Well, I have waited to buy the console since the beginning of the year. With a bit of the gain from the investment, I finally bought the console this month at $425, a price which was good enough to me. I think it is good to pamper ownself once in awhile and enjoy the fruit of the labour.


Let''s hope that 2021 will be a better year for all of us. Cheers ^ ^


Get Full Access and follow our system's quest for ABNORMAL returns
Performance Join as Member

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow our blog via Email!

No comments:

Post a Comment