Total Portfolio Return: SG +122.19% US +107.49%  Find out more >>


STI Plummeted 4.41%. Worst thing to do is Panic.


Though we all may have different strategies and some may not agree with the way I trade/invest (as capital preservation is the most important to me and my system will derisk at the first sign of trouble) but we all should agree on one thing.




This is not the time to panic.

Investing is a long journey and require patience and discipline. If you know your strategy works (be it value investing, FA or TA or QA) stick to it. Panicking will cloud your judgement and you'll end up making the worse decision. I'm not saying your shouldn't sell because if your strategy says so, go for it I'm just saying you shouldn't panic sell (or even panic buy).

Those who follow my SG portfolio knows recently the system has added some positions. Though my US long-only portfolio is 100% cash, my SG long-only portfolio added a few positions and reduced to 62% cash. I currently have a position in PanUnited and Clearbridge and both have dropped close to 10% now. Do I panic sell now? No, my system has not said so yet. I trust my system because it has been backtested with data extending back to 2002. You should trust your strategy too if you know it has been working well previously.

You may say 'But but this time is different?' No no, same same but different. It is the same devil, just in a different form.

The above is simply my own view. Do not quote me or throll me. And please do your own due diligence.
Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us via Email!

Get Full Access and follow our system's quest for ABNORMAL returns
Performance Join as Member

No comments:

Post a Comment